ASP.NET Ajax v1.0 is available!
Now there's nothing that should stop you from Ajaxifying your web applications. As indicated by my previous post, I'm an absolute beginner at building mash-ups. If you are as well and want to get started, here's what I suggest:
1. Get Ideas
What do you want to create a mash-up on? Look around, there probably are a few ideas out there that will inspire you. The programmable web is a great resource. http://www.programmableweb.com/
I'm sure you can create something new. You very likely have a unique value proposition to make. Things unique about you could be:
- Your opinions. Maybe you can write great editorials.
- Your language, geo. Although a lot of services already exist, they are not always localized.
- Your audience. Have you got an audience already, you could just boost the experience you are offering
2. Get the tools
- If you have Visual Studio 2005, great. You can also start using the free of charge Visual Web Developer 2005 - Express Edition: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
- Download ASP.NET Ajax.
- Download the fantastic Ajax Control Toolkit
- Download the ASP.NET RSS Toolkit (in a mashed up world I expect you will want to use quite a bit of RSS)
- Download the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar
3. Get a hoster
4. Mash it up
Just one source! http://dev.live.com ENJOY.