IE8 Beta 2 -
When Beta was released I quickly installed and even more quickly uninstalled as too many sites weren't rendering properly. I'm not seeing any of those issues with Beta 2 at the moment and I'm enjoying some of the features like the improved address bar.
You can download the beta here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/worldwide-sites.aspx
But for the professionals out there please look a bit further as there are some great materials out there to ready you to deploy IE8 or to get your site ready to be rendering properly in IE8.
If you're a web developer please start by checking out what Standards by Default means. Or would you rather complain than adding a simple meta tag to your pages? :-)
After having links to a staging server initially, all these links have been fixed on the compatibility center:
About Standards Based Web Development
- Standards by default - What does it mean?
- What's changed in Internet Explorer 8?
- HTML and CSS Support Matrix
Application Compatibility Switch
- Meta Tags and locking in future compatibility
- Implementing the META switch on IIS
- Implementing the META switch on Apache