CSC Uses Windows Azure Platform to offer managed hosted solutions as a Service
[CSC’s Legal Solutions Suite is used by 50 enterprises and more than 6000 law firms to help simplify the billing process, analyze legal expenses, document performance, and provide]
Computer Science Corporation (CSC) is a global leader in providing technology-enabled solutions and services through three primary lines of business.
These include Business Solutions and Services, the Managed Services Sector and the North American Public Sector. Among CSC's advanced capabilities for both enterprises and ISVs are its Azure Enablement and Transformation Services that include management consulting; application software development, integration and management through its Azure Competency Center; as well as cloud security and testing solutions.
During the Microsoft Professional Developer Conference 2009 this past November, CSC showcased a new Windows Azure based software services solution to reach new markets and offers choice to their customers.
Legal Solutions Suite® (Windows Azure Platform)
- CSC's Legal Solutions Suite® software, now offered on the Windows Azure platform, helps firms optimize their outside legal counsel expenses through simplified billing procedures, expense analytics and key performance metrics.
- Legal Solutions Suite creates a collaborative electronic workspace for budgeting, planning and legal strategy. Developed by legal professionals, Legal Solutions Suite helps organizations create a highly efficient, end-to-end legal management process.
- Three major components -- Legal e-Bill, Legal Bill Analyzer and Legal Matter Manager -- work together as a suite of products, or can be used individually to integrate with existing case, claims and accounting systems.
Microsoft PinPoint Marketplace
Legal Solution Suite is listed in the Microsoft PinPoint marketplace. (Take me there)
More more information:
- Global Systems Integrator Whitepaper (Windows Azure SI White paper.pdf)
- Brian Boruff interview with the Economist on Cloud Computing. (Take me there)
Watch the PDC video of Brian Boruff, VP of CSC Cloud Software and Services.
High-level Solution Architecture
Why Windows Azure Platform?
- CSC believes that moving to Windows Azure will give it a significant competitive advantage with its Legal Solutions Services product.
- Local applications now behave more like job schedulers, handing off compute-intensive tasks to cloud-based worker services hosted on the virtual machines in the Windows Azure platform and brought online and offline as needed.
CSC has made a considerable investment in cloud services, including the creation of an Azure Competency Center for Windows Azure Development. The company is preparing LSS for production in its competency center in Vietnam, and anticipates further expansion in Asia and to the United Kingdom. CSC expects to offer more of its financial services applications on the Windows Azure platform in the future.
CSC believes that moving to Windows Azure will give it a significant competitive advantage with its Legal Solutions Services product.