Developer Environment Upgrade & URL Change
We are upgrading the HealthVault Developer Environment hardware so that its topology will mirror that of the HealthVault Consumer Environment. The new development servers which will show up at a new domain – healthvault-ppe.com instead of microsofthealthbeta.com. To minimize disruptions to any in-development apps, both sets of servers will be online concurrently for six weeks. We will copy all data from the old servers to the new servers once, on 1/23.
· On 1/23, the new servers will come online
· On 1/23, we will take a snapshot of all data on the current HealthVault Developer servers – application configurations, user accounts, test data
· The snapshot will be copied to the new servers later in the day on 1/23
· The old servers will stay online until 3/8/2008 but any data added or changed after 1/23 will not be copied over to the new servers
To start using the new servers, you will need to change your web.config file as follows:
<add key="ShellUrl" value="https://www.microsofthealthbeta.com/" />
<add key="HealthServiceUrl" value="https://platform.microsofthealthbeta.com/platform/" />
<add key="ShellUrl" value="https://account.healthvault-ppe.com/" />
<add key="HealthServiceUrl" value="https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/" />
We highly recommend that you make the change in your web.config files on 1/23 or 1/24 so that all of your data gets copied to the new environment. The old servers will continue to work until 3/8 but any new data that you add there after 1/23 will not be copied to the new servers.
For those of you with custom firewall settings that enable your communication with the HealthVault Developer Environment, here are the IP addresses of the old and new servers:
· Old Shell (www.microsofthealthbeta.com): 184.108.40.206
· Old Platform (platform.microsofthealthbeta.com): 220.127.116.11
· New Shell (account.healthvault-ppe.com): 18.104.22.168
· New Platform (platform.healthvault-ppe.com): 22.214.171.124
The next SDK update (23 Jan 07) will include the new URLs in its sample applications' web.config files.
Please comment below or use the forum if you have any questions about this. These changes only affect the Developer environment. The Consumer environment’s URLs are not changing.