Unified Tools and Guidance for Desktop and Server Deployment Automation
We are pleased to announce the official release of the Microsoft Deployment Solution Accelerator! Microsoft Deployment, the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007. Microsoft Deployment, the fourth generation deployment accelerator, enables deployment of servers and desktops. Its tools and end-to-end guidance reduce deployment time, standardize desktop and server images, limit service disruptions, reduce post-deployment help desk costs and improve security and ongoing configuration management.
Microsoft Deployment adds integration with recently released deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and deployment, including:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Operating System Deployment
- System Center Operations Manager
- Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Windows Deployment Services with new multicast technology
- Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- User State Migration Tool 3.0.1
- 2007 Office system
- Windows Server 2008 Server Manager for automated server role definition
- Systems Management Server 2003 with the Operating System Deployment Feature Pack
This release marks the first in a series of three Microsoft Deployment releases planned between now and Summer 2008. It focuses on integration with new deployment features in Configuration Manager 2007 as well as features and guidance to support server deployment. Future updates to Microsoft Deployment will add further support for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista SP1, and System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 releases.
Microsoft Deployment is available as a free download on the Microsoft Download Center.