Installer stuck at 18% when upgrading from Windows 10 (10074 to 10122)
Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 preview build 10122 and the installation hangs at 18%? The following approach unblocked me, hopefully it works for you too – please let us know in the comments:
- Download psexec.exe from sysinternals to e.g. c:\temp
- Open an elevated command prompt
- Execute psexec with the following parameters (try not to copy/paste):
- C:\Temp\psexec.exe –s –i cmd.exe
- A command prompt in the system context should launch:
Execute the following command:
- rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
Close the command prompt(s) and try upgrading again.
Consider leaving a reply if this worked!
Thanks to my friend Antonio Vasconcelos for troubleshooting this together.