This month on Cloud Elevate: Explore Data Platform Solutions
In October, we introduced Cloud Elevate - the main point of connection for Hosting Service Providers to get timely, critical resources--organized by a monthly theme--to help ready teams, go to market, and win hosting business. In November, we share key resources to support the exploding interest in Data Platforms.
Help your customers make better decisions using Microsoft's data platform What trends are driving customer priorities when it comes to data platform solutions? One of the critical decision points is the shift to in-memory databases to improve performance and efficiency for mission-critical workloads. In-memory transaction processing (OLTP), introduced in SQL Server 2014, enables up to 30x faster transaction processing; and enhancements in SQL Server 2016 make it easier to use and adopt in applications while improving performance and increasing scalability even further. This can lower TCO, helping to drive more value from business data.
Another big trend is the adoption of cloud computing by customers, opening doors for innovation--from better and faster customer service to faster development cycles and improved time to market. As customers look to gain new insights on their business faster, enabled by accessing even more massive volumes of internal and external data, they can gain a competitive edge.
For Microsoft partners, these trends open doors to building secure database services on the most utilized and least vulnerable solutions on the market.
Let's explore some of the data platform resources spotlighted on Cloud Elevate to win more business with solutions built on SQL Server 2016.
Get started with these valuable tools and resources:
- SQL in a Box Resources - Training, tools and technical information on SQL Server 2016 to help you grow your business
- Data Platform Sales Training Courses - Learn how to effectively orchestrate sales across each stage of the Data Platform cycle
- SQL Server 2016 Marketing Assets - datasheets, email templates, white papers and more to communicate effectively to customers
- Architecture and implementation technical guides to help implement solutions
Resource spotlight: Profitability Calculator
The HSP Profitability Calculator allows you to quickly model pricing and profitability for SQL Server 2016 managed service offers. Use this convenient tool to perform:
- HSP profitability analysis - plan your revenue, spending and profitability for hosted SQL Server 2016 solutions
- Customer service pricing - use the analysis framework to price out your SQL Server 2016 offers
You can download the Excel-based calculator for easy access any time. Simply gather and input customer or service sizing requirements to gain insights you need to model your offers.
Data Platform Webcasts: expert insights throughout November
Check out upcoming webcasts on an array of data platform topics for cloud and hosting service providers. If you are a Cloud Channel Network member, sign in and click "update preferences" from the top toolbar to add the sessions. If you are not a member of the network, register and select the webcasts or topics you would like to attend at www.cloudchannelnetwork.com.
SQL Server 2016: Learn How Data is the New Electricity
Wednesday November 30, 2016 8:00AM - 9:00AM PT
Audience: Technical Decision Maker
Don't miss these recent Data platform-related webcasts, available on-demand:
- 2016 Cloud & Hosting Summit - Future of Analytics
- SQL 2016 Technical Overview and Selling Points
- SQL Server 2016 Offerings & Opportunities for Hosting Service Providers
- WPC 2016 Session 03: Selling SQL: Grow your SQL business with SQL offers and programs for hosting partners
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Migration
Discover more about the data platform opportunity for service providers on the Cloud Elevate site, and don't forget to sign up for the Cloud and Hosting newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest news, webcasts, and resources to help you grow your hosting business.
* National Institute of Standards and Technology Comprehensive Vulnerability Database update 10/2015