Dec. 9 - Dec. 15 Hot-Fix Weekly Release - Windows Server
This is Steven Xu. I work as a senior knowledge engineer in content team and I'm responsible for authoring Windows Server related KB articles. At the same time, I'm working on a project that will generate KB articles from the very very hot issues occurs recently. I believe, after a pilot period, this project will run successfully. I will keep you posted for this project in our blogs. :-)
I have read your comments on the blogs published several days ago, I'm much encouraged by you. As we scheduled, I will provide the KB articles lists for Windows Server related product every Tuesday. Please just tell me what you would like us to share in the blogs.
Windows Server 2003
- 945463 Windows Server 2003 does not issue security event 523 even though the WarningLevel registry entry is configured
- 945410 A Windows Server 2003-based computer may stop responding when many connections are created and then disconnected if IPsec is configured
- 945344 The "Serial number" attribute of a self-signed certificate has a negative value when you call the CertCreateSelfSignCertificate function to create the certificate in Windows Server 2003
- 945330 An application that uses the CDOSYS library or the System.Web.Mail namespace in a non-English version of Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 may receive a corrupted error message
- 945119 Stop error that is related to the Storport.sys driver on a Windows Server 2003-based computer: "0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
- 944971 A Cluster node may lose an MNS quorum, and the Cluster service may stop on a Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition-based computer
- 944762 Event ID 14079 is logged every 49.7 days on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running ISA Server 2004
- 944412 FIX: Error message on a system that has Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 installed: "Segmentation fault"
- 944195 Error message when you use a mobile device to access an ASP.NET Web site that is hosted in IIS 6.0: "HTTP 400 - Bad Request"
- 943875 Authorization Manager in Windows Server 2003 cannot add roles from other domains in the forest after security update 926122 or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is installed
- 943809 Event 1164 is logged when a disk or a mount point is mounted in a Windows Server 2003 cluster that uses a Majority Node Set (MNS) quorum
- 942004 A Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition-based computer does not automatically restart as expected after the .crash command is executed to generate a dump file
- 942212 The SMS_Executive service process for Systems Management Server 2003 stops repeatedly
There are totally 14 problems for Windows Server products that have been fixed/resolved in the last 7 days. I hope you can get what you want from them.