4.5 Preview: Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting
Hosters, get the latest Windows based Hosting guidance. v4.5 Beta now available!
1. Support for Windows SharePoint Service version 3.0
- This version introduces improved administrative tools including a server farm-based Central Administration
user interface. Also new in this release are the availability of 40 new application templates which
hosters can use to enhance service offerings for small to medium business customers.
2. SQL Server Hosting Toolkit
- This tool enables hosters to more easily deploy SQL Server databases for customers.
3. ASP.NET 2.0 support
- ASP.NET 2.0 encapsulates common Web tasks into application services and controls that you can easily
reuse across Web sites. With these basic building blocks, ASP.NET 2.0 allows developers to write up to
70 percent less code for faster development of rich Web sites and applications. It also introduces a number
of features for implementing high-performance Web solutions.
4. ASP.NET AJAX framework support
- Hosters can now offer developers a richer environment on which to build interaction-rich, cross-browser
5. Support for 64-bit computing
- As the majority of new server shipments today contain 64-bit processing power, the solution has also
moved forward with 64-bit computing support. The solution has been tested with and supports 64-bit
versions of Windows Server 2003 R2 and SQL Server 2005.