Support-Tip (INSTALLATION): Failed to connect to the specified database
- Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010, R2, R2 SP1
- Microsoft Identity Manager 2016, SP1
PROBLEM SCENARIO DESCRIPTION
- During the installation of the Synchronization Service Manager and/or the Service and Portal you receive error messages indicating a problem connecting to the database.
- There are several reasons that this happens during the installation.
- Ensure that the account executing the installation is a SA on the backend SQL Server.
- The following Microsoft TechNet Wiki assists with some account information to help prepare you for the actual installation. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7222.fim-2010-installation-companion-accounts.aspx
- Ensure that you have the Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 installed on the Synchronization Service machine.
- You can do this through Roles and Features in Server Manager
- Ensure that you have the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client Installed on the Synchronization Service Manager machine.
- Ensure that port 1433, which is default for SQL Server is open in the Firewall.
- If you are using a non-standard SQL Server Port, please be sure to create a client side alias using the cliconfig tool.
- This TechNet Wiki was written by a MVP in the Identity Space that has a bit more information around the accounts associated with the FIM/MIM product space. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33214.fim-2010mim-2016-planning-security-setup-for-accounts-groups-and-services-part-4-detailed-description.aspx
|KEYWORDS||iamsupport, sync, install, connect to database|