Support Tip: Troubleshooting Synchronization Error: ambiguous-import-flow-from-multiple-connectors
Hello again! I am writing today on the Synchronization Error - "ambiguous-import-flow-from-multiple-connectors". I have worked several issues to where people ask what does this error mean and how can I generally start to review and fix this synchronization error.
This is a synchronization error that is displayed in the Synchronization Service Engine Manager Console. This error is an indication that there are multiple connectors (2 or more) in the same connector space that is attempting to join to the same metaverse object.
One of these objects is already connected, and the other is throwing the synchronization error.
- Click on the hyperlink to the object that is throwing the synchronization error "ambiguous-import-flow-from-multiple-connectors"
- This will bring up a dialog for the Connector Space Object Properties window
- Take a snapshot of this window, so that you can refer back to the object
- Click the Preview button in the lower left corner of the Connector Space Object Properties Window
- Click Generate Preview - this will simulate what happens during a synchronization of the object. This will not synchronize the object. Only simulate.
- Click on Configure Join and Projection
- Here you can learn what join rule that the object is using to join to the metaverse object.
- Write down or snapshot the attribute being used for the join and record the value that the object is joining
- Click on Metaverse Search
- If there is no current clause, click new clause. If there is an existing clause, then just update the attribute and value to that that you just recorded from the Configure Join and Projection area to locate the object in the metaverse.
- Here you will see that these objects will have the same value to satisfy the join condition, but they may be completely different people or the same person with a different unique identifier (e.g. Distinguished Name).
WHAT TO DO ONCE I FIND THE OBJECTS CAUSING THE ISSUE
How to fix or correct the issue so that the synchronization error goes away will determine on what you are experiencing at the time.
The main objective here to fix the issue is to ensure that you do not have multiple objects attempting to join to the same metaverse object.
To do this, you may need to:
- Update the join rules to ensure a unique 1 to 1 join of Connector Space Object to Metaverse Object
- Confirm that you do not have duplicate data. If you have duplicate data, you need to correct the data related issue.
ADDITIONAL LINKS / RESOURCES
- Support Team Blog: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/iamsupport/
- Management Agent Run Error Codes: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590332(v=ws.10).aspx
- Tim Macaulay - Microsoft SR. Support Escalation Engineer - Identity Management Team - firstname.lastname@example.org