Microsoft Virtualization: System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self Service Portal 2.0 RC Released
Looking for a solution that helps you reduce IT costs, while increasing agility for your organization?
System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Servicing Portal 2.0 lets you build the foundation for an on-premise cloud infrastructure, enabling you to deliver IT as a service for your organization.
Using SSP, you can respond more effectively—and at a lower cost—to the rapidly changing needs of your organization. SSP is freely available, and fully- supported by Microsoft.
The self-service portal is a fully supported, partner extensible solution built on top of Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V and System Center VMM. It enables you to pool, allocate, and manage resources to offer infrastructure as a service and deliver the foundation for a private cloud platform inside your datacenter. It includes a pre-built, role-based self-service portal for both the datacenter managers and the business unit IT consumers and a dynamic provisioning engine. The portal reduces the time needed to provision infrastructures and their components by offering business unit “on-boarding” , infrastructure request and change management. It also includes detailed guidance on how to implement the portal inside your environment.
- Automation and Guidance: To assess, plan and design your private cloud foundation infrastructure
- Customer/business unit on-boarding: Automated workflows to onboard business unit IT departments onto to your virtualized shared resource pool
- Dynamic provisioning engine: To rapidly provision virtualized infrastructure in conjunction with System Center and Hyper-V
- Self-Service portal: To empower consumers of IT to request and provision infrastructure for their apps/services
- Partner Extensibility: Enable partners to expose their unique hardware capabilities through familiar Microsoft scripting technologies while providing variety and flexibility to IT