SC Virtual Machine Manager R2 BETA released
Here you go.. Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager R2 BETA is out now.
VMM 2008 R2 Beta is a comprehensive management solution for virtualized infrastructure that takes advantage of many of the great new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta.
Key new features in R2
· Live Migration support
- Windows 2008 R2 supports Live migration, and now so does SCVMM 2008 R2.
· Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV) support
- Ability to place multiple VMs on a single LUN is a key customer request that is enabled by CSV.
· SAN enhancements:
- SAN migration in and out of clusters
- Multiple LUNs per single iSCSI target which provides support for iSCSI products from Network Appliance and EMC.
· Networking enhancements:
- Support for VMQ & Chimney
- Support for MAC spoofing
- Support for reusable port groups in VMWare VirtualCenter.
· Maintenance mode support
- Maintenance mode is supported across all platforms: Hyper-V, VS and VMWare ESX hosts
- Putting a host in maintenance mode, triggers evacuation of all VMs on the host via live migration on Windows 2008 R2 and VMWare.
- PRO migrations to the host are disabled.
· Disjoint domains support
· BITS compact server support
Download either the Full Software install or the pre-configured VHD from https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=799
To get assistance with the beta please participate in the public forums for SCVMM. These forums are linked here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/virtualmachinemanager
To provide feedback on the beta, use the "Feedback" link on the Connect site to log your feedback.