Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – November Update
There is a newly updated version of the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit that matches the November 2010 SDK 1.3 release. This release of the training kit includes several new hands-on labs for the new Windows Azure features and the new/updated services we just released.
The updates in this training kit include:
· [New lab] Advanced Web and Worker Role – shows how to use admin mode and startup tasks
· [New lab] Connecting Apps With Windows Azure Connect – shows how to use Project Sydney
· [New lab] Virtual Machine Role – shows how to get started with VM Role by creating and deploying a VHD
· [New lab] Windows Azure CDN – simple introduction to the CDN
· [New lab] Introduction to the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus Futures – shows how to use the new Service Bus features in the AppFabric labs environment
· [New lab] Building Windows Azure Apps with Caching Service – shows how to use the new Windows Azure AppFabric Caching service
· [New lab] Introduction to the AppFabric Access Control Service V2 – shows how to build a simple web application that supports multiple identity providers
· [Updated] Introduction to Windows Azure - updated to use the new Windows Azure platform Portal
· [Updated] Introduction to SQL Azure - updated to use the new Windows Azure platform Portal
In addition, all of the HOLs have been updated to use the new Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio version 1.3 (November release). We will making more updates to the labs in the next few weeks. In the next update scheduled for early December we will also include presentations and demos for delivering a full 4-day training workshop.
You can download the November update of the Windows Azure Platform Training kit from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=130354
Finally, we’re now publishing the HOLs directly to MSDN to make it easier for developers to review and use the content without having to download an entire training kit package. You can now browse to all of the HOLs online in MSDN here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=207018