How to be a Project Management Ninja on Excel
Purnachandra Duggirala, and Excel MVP from India, shares Excel and Charting tips on his popular blog – Pointy Haired Dilbert – since 2007, and today has over 300 articles and tutorials on using Microsoft Office Excel effectively and making better charts.
Chandoo, as his readers now him as, has authored a six part series on using Excel effectively for project management. Though Project in the Office suite of products is a great product for the purpose but worldwide, several project managers and executives use the number-cruncher Excel for managing projects; frequently due to wider availability.
- Gantt Charts – Project Management Using Excel
- Team To Do Lists – Project Tracking Tools
- Project Status Reporting – Create a Timeline to display milestones
- Time sheets and Resource management
- Issue Trackers & Risk Management
- Project Status Reporting – Dashboard
- Bonus Post: Using Burn Down Charts to Understand Project Progress
And not just this series, look around on his blog, and you’ll find huge set of Excel resources including free templates to download and an ebook – 95 Excel Tips – if you subscribe to the blog via email.