Power Tools for Windows Azure
Ryan Dunn of the Microsoft Corporate Developer and Platform Evangelism group has just released updated versions of the Windows Azure Service Management (WASM) Cmdlets for PowerShell.
These cmdlets can be combined in order to script out many useful Windows Azure management functions
With these cmdlets you can effectively automate and manage all your services in Windows Azure. Using them you can:
- Deploy new Hosted Services
- Automatically upload your packages from the file system to blob storage.
- Upgrade your services
- Choose between automatic or manual rolling upgrades
- Swap between staging and production environments
- Remove your Hosted Services
- Automatically pull down your services at the end of the day to stop billing. This is a critical need for test and development environments.
- Manage your Storage accounts
- Retrieve or regenerate your storage keys
- Manage your Certificates
- Deploy certificates from your Windows store or the local file system
- Configure your Diagnostics
- Remotely configure the event sources you wish to monitor (Event Logs, Tracing, IIS Logs, Performance Counters and more)
- Transfer your Diagnostics Information
- Schedule your transfers or Transfer on Demand.
Read this blog post for additional details.