Just Released: Patterns & Practices SharePoint Guidance
Microsoft patterns & practices is excited to announce the latest addition to the p&p library of software architecture guidance:
- MSDN site: SharePoint Guidance
- Future friendly url: http://microsoft.com/spg
- Download: SharePoint Guidance – November 2008
- Codeplex site: http://codeplex.com/spg
- Community Forum: http://www.codeplex.com/spg/Thread/List.aspx
Guidance at a Glance
This guidance helps architects and developers build SharePoint intranet applications. The guidance contains a reference implementation (RI) that demonstrates solutions to common architectural, development, and lifecycle management challenges. This guidance discusses the following:
- Architectural decisions about patterns, feature factoring, and packaging.
- Design tradeoffs for common decisions many developers encounter.
- Implementation examples demonstrated in the RI and in the QuickStarts.
- How to design for testability, create unit tests, and run continuous integration.
- Set up of development, build, test, staging, and production environments.
- Managing the application life cycle including upgrade.
- Team-based intranet application development.
Your feedback is invited. Please post it under Discussions on Codeplex.
Information on Microsoft patterns & practices
Visit us at http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices/ to see the full line of existing patterns & practices.