Early technical preview of JDBC 6.1.2 for SQL Server released!
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Socket timeout implementation for both connection string and data source #85
- Query timeout API for datasource #88
- Added connection tests #95
- Added Support for FIPS enabled JVM #97
- Added additional tests for bulk copy #110
- Remove redundant type casts #63
- Read SQL Server error message if status flag has DONE_ERROR set #73
- Fix a bug when the value of queryTimeout is bigger than the max value of integer #78
- Add new dependencies to gradle build script #81
- Updates to test framework #90
- Set the jre8 version as default #59
- Fixed exception SQL Server instance in use does not support column encryption #65
- TVP Handling is causing exception when calling SP with return value #80
- BigDecimal in TVP can incorrectly cause SQLServerException related to invalid precision or scale #86
- Fixed the connection close issue on using variant type #91
Getting the Preview Refresh
You can find the latest bits on our GitHub repository and Maven Central. Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.1.2.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. Going forward, we plan to continue addressing issues and pull requests filed/made by the community. We are excited to work more closely with the community to continue to bring the best support for Java applications connecting to SQL Server.
Andrea Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org)