Early technical preview of JDBC 6.3.2 for SQL Server released!
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Changed sendStringParameterAsUnicode to impact set/update null #445
- Removed connection property: fipsProvider #460
- Replaced for and while loops with foeach loops #421
- Replaced explicit types with the diamond operator #468 & #420
- Fixed some error messages #452 & #459
- Fixed statement leaks #455
- Fixed an issue regarding to loginTimeout with TLS #456
- Fixed sql_variant issue with String type #442
- Fixed issue with throwing error message for unsupported datatype #450
- Fixed issue that initial batchException was not thrown #458
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.3.2.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.
Andrea Lam (email@example.com)