Early technical preview of JDBC 6.5.0 for SQL Server released
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Support for spatial datatypes #642
- Fixed blobs becoming unavailable when the Result Set cursor moves or the Result Set closes #595
- Fixed an issue when attempting to insert an empty or null value into an encrypted column #632
- Fixed a misleading error message thrown by the driver when a user doesn't have execute permissions #635
- Fixed statements throwing SQLServerException instead of java.sql.SQLTimeoutException when the query times out #641
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.0.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.0.jre9-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.