Early technical preview of JDBC 6.5.1 for SQL Server released
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Test cases for Date, Time, and Datetime2 data types. #558
- Fixed an issue where ResultSetMetadata returned incorrect columnType for Geometry and Geography data types #657
- Fixed server side CPU Affinity problems caused by uneven connection distribution across NUMA Nodes when multiSubnetFailover is true #662
- Fixed an issue where Driver wasn't parsing TDS Packets completely to capture exceptions raised inside executed stored procedures #664
- Fixed an issue where driver throws exception when using setMaxRows() followed by query execution when SHOWPLAN_TEXT is ON #666
- Removed unused imports which forced users to import the ADAL4J library #652
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.1.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.1.jre9-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.