Early technical preview of JDBC 6.5.4 for SQL Server released
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added new connection property "useBulkCopyForBatchInsert" to enable Bulk Copy API support for batch insert operation #686
- Added implementation for Java 9 introduced Boundary method APIs on Connection interface #708
- Added support for "Data Classification Specifications" on fetched resultsets #709
- Added support for UTF-8 feature extension #722
- Fixed issue with escaping catalog name when retrieving from database metadata #718
- Fixed issue with tests requiring additional dependencies #729
- Made driver default compliant to JDBC 4.2 specifications #711
- Updated ADAL4J dependency version to 1.6.0 #711
- Cleaned up socket handling implementation to generalize functionality for different JVMs and simplified the logic for single address case #663
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.4.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.5.4.jre10-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.