Early technical preview of JDBC 7.1.0 for SQL Server released
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added support for LocalDate, LocalTime and LocalDateTime to be passed as 'type' in ResultSet.getObject() #749
- Added support to read SQL Warnings after ResultSet is read completely #785
- Fixed Javadoc warnings and removed obselete HTML tags from Javadocs #786
- Fixed random JUnit failures in framework tests #762
- Improved performance of readLong() function by unrolling loop and using bitwise operators instead of additions #763
- Removed logging logic which caused performance degradation in AE #773
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.0.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.0.jre10-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.