Windows 8 Release Preview is out!
The Windows 8 Release Preview has been released. You can download it from here. If you are prompted for a product key, use TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF. To do Windows 8 Metro development, you will also need to download the Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate.
Here are the top links that you need to read to get up to speed:
- "Building Windows 8" blog post announcing the release
- "Windows 8 app developer" blog post detailing what’s changed for app developers since the Consumer Preview and how to get your existing apps up and running on the Release Preview
- “Windows Store for developers" blog post illustrating the changes to the Windows Store with the Release Preview
- Migration Guide documenting most of the API changes that were made from the Consumer Preview to the Release Preview
- Windows Dev Center containing hundreds of new and updated design resources, technical articles, and samples for Metro style app development
- Windows 8 Release Preview FAQ answering questions on installing, upgrading, using the RP, apps, and IE10