World-class Windows 8 Metro style apps wanted
Do you have what it takes to create a world-class Metro style app? Would you like to have your app available in the Windows store on “Day 0”?
If you do and you live in Florida, shoot an email to me (email@example.com) or Joe Healy (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you don’t live in Florida and don’t know your local evangelist, send an e-mail to email@example.com to find out who it is.
Currently you have to have a “token” to register your app in the store. So how do you get a token? You’ll need to attend an App Excellence lab.
Here are some of the details from Jamie Rodriguez’s blog post (click this link to read the full post):
Follow these steps to get invited to an App Excellence lab:
- Create a really great Windows 8 Metro style app (or game) immediately. Get it as ready as if you were submitting to the store.
- If you know your local DPE evangelists (maybe because you attended a Windows camp training), get in touch with them and ask them to nominate your app for a lab. [In Florida, that would be me, I’m a Windows 8 Champ (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Joe Healy (email@example.com) your Developer Evangelist here in Florida.]
- If you don’t know your local evangelist, then email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- City & country where you are located
- Brief description for your app (no binary, screenshot is optional, but only send if the screenshot is public, non-confidential stuff )
- Your pledge that you’ve spent at least 8 hours devouring all the great UX guidelines we have at the design section in the Windows Dev Center1
- Wait for our response letting you know where the closest app excellence lab will be and how to get in touch with the right evangelist to nominate you.
Of course, coming to the lab is not all you have to do. Read Jamie's full post for more info.
So there you go. Build those apps! Happy Windows 8 Metro style coding!