Five Things meme
gen (n-1) tag: Martin
- I was once nearly decapitated when I ran into a clothesline with my motorcycle. Since the line wrapped around my head a few times (after my head managed to rip it away from the trees it was tied to), the resulting lacerations looked like I had lost a fight to a tiger. And not that Tony chump, I'm talking about a MEAN tiger.
- I spent a few years in Europe, but I was ages 2 to 5 (while my father was stationed in Germany). There's lots of cute pictures of me with guards of various castles/palaces and roaming around Europe. I learned that spaghetti served in Italy is not like the spaghetti you get here. I still eat my french fries (pomme frites!) with mayo.
- I learned Aikido from my father. Since he had spent a good part of his time in Special Forces work teaching others in the mountains of Vietnam, he was a pretty good teacher :) [my father's five things would be far more interesting than mine]
- I once encased my cubicle (at a startup) in cardboard (fetched from a nearby dumpster) to keep out the light. Fluorescent lights just annoy me that much. One of my co-workers wrote "Lazlo" on it.
- My senior design project as an undergrad was a RC5-56 implementation in Verilog to help out with the distributed.net project. The design exposed 6 bugs in the Synplify synthesis engine. I got sponsorship from Xilinx (in exchange, I had to display their banner with my project), which was very useful because the FPGA's I was using for the prototypes were expensive.
gen (n+1) tags (sticking with Admin/Ops co-workers):