The dynamic Cache Tool for CRM 1.2 - 4.0 versions
Or any other web application... simply change the paths in the configuration file.
When doing demo's in a virtual environment as VPC it's pretty nice to have some sort of tool to pre-hit your application. I have made a simple console app that will do this for you. Run the application before doing a demo/presentation to activate just-in-time compilation and hoppfully everything goes faster since your clicks (requests) will at least be the second one.
The difference with this one compared to other CRM cache tools are:
- Recursive lookup for files to hit (you don’t need to maintain your hit list)
therefore working for past and current versions of CRM
- Depth control (how deep should we traverse)
Path to webserver including protocol (http or https)
<add key="DefaultServer" value="http://stockholm:5555/" />
Path to in this example CRM webserver files are located
<add key="FilePath" value="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\"/>
Filter on extension like *.htm, *.aspx, *.asmx
<add key="FileEx" value="*.aspx"/>
0 = Traverse as long as possible, 1 = Stay in current (FilePath) folder only, 2 = Two levels ect
<add key="FileDepth" value="0"/>
- run the attached msi packet to install the cache tool.
- Go to folder where tool is installed "c:\Program Files\CRM Sample Application\Trigger CRM"
- Open the PrefireCRM4.exe.config file and change to your server settings.
- Click the short-cut on your desktop
I will in my next blog post attach the source code for the project.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.