Latest WSS and MOSS Patches
Update, see the latest update on the February CU packages here.
Great news for WSS and MOSS patching! From this point forward each Cumulative Update will also consist of a package that contains the latest of every hotfix patch that we have shipped. What this means is that if you build a new MOSS server, you can apply the latest service pack (SP1), the latest WSS CU package and the latest MOSS CU package and be completely up-to-date.
A few key points on the structure of the new format:
· WSS continues to remain separate and is not included in the MOSS package.
· All of the latest Global and Local patches for WSS are in the WSS uber package.
· All of the latest Global and Local patches for MOSS (Excel Server, DLC, etc are part of MOSS), InfoPath Forms Server, Project Server are in the Office Server uber package.
· The list of what is in the package is an accumulation over time of what we have shipped since RTM.
· The package includes the Infrastructure Update, there is no reason to install it separately.
All you will need to install from this point forward is WSS SP1, MOSS SP1, WSS CU and MOSS CU.