Installing the WPF/E VS Templates
I just got a new laptop which required a fresh install of all my applications including Visual Studio and the associated WPF/E developer extensions. As part of re-setting this up, I realized it required a bit more research than I expected so I'm replaying the steps here (mostly found in the WPF/E SDK).
- Install Visual Studio 2005 (or Install Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and skip steps 3 and 4).
- Exit Visual Studio
- Install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Update to Support Web Application Projects available on the Download Center.
- Install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects available on MSDN Online.
- Install WPF/E if not already installed (WPF/E: Windows, Mac).
- Install the WPF/E SDK available here (you can do this at any point prior to this step).
- Run the template installer, WPFEVSTemplate.msi, located in the WPF/E SDK directory: <ProgramFiles>\Microsoft SDKs\WPFE\Tools