System Center 2012 Configuration Manager RTM Application Management
Hi All :
Application management in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides Configuration Manager administrative users and the users of Configuration Manager client devices with tools to manage applications in the enterprise.
The benefits of application management for administrative users include the following:
- Applications in Configuration Manager support user-centric management that lets you associate users with devices. Instead of having to remember the name of a user’s device, you can now deploy software to the user and to the device. This functionality can help you to ensure that critical software is always available on each device that a user accesses. If a user gets a new computer, you can automatically install it with the user’s applications before the user logs on.
- You can send application deployments to users, devices, groups of users, or groups of devices.
- You use deployment rules to control the deployment of applications to devices. For example, you can specify that an application can only be installed on computers that have more than 2 gigabyte (GB) RAM, or that you only want the application to install on computers that run Windows 7. Any computer that does not meet your specified requirements does not attempt to install the application. Configuration Manager contains a set of built-in rules, and you can also define custom rules.
- Users can install software directly from the Application Catalog self-service website.
- Users can request approval to install software from a self-service website; the Application Catalog and administrative users can approve or deny those requests.
- An administrative user can specify a deployment purpose and action for an application. This configuration controls whether the application is required or optional and whether the application must be installed or uninstalled. Configuration Manager periodically monitors the state of the deployment. For example, if an application has a deployment purpose of Required and the user uninstalls it, Configuration Manager automatically reinstalls the application.
The benefits of application management for users include the following:
- A new client program, Software Center, provides a user-friendly interface that lets the user of a client computer perform typical tasks to help manage software that Configuration Manager installs on their devices.
- A self-service application website, the Application Catalog, lets users search for, install, and request applications. Users that have mobile devices can also use this website to wipe their mobile devices.
- Users can configure when software and updates must not be installed by specifying their own working hours.
How to implementing application management ? you can reference this document .
Please use Adobe Reader X or above version to open.