Internet Explorer 9 Beta is here: download and experiment
With a bunch of new features, the team has focused on three main areas:
- Standards support with HTML5 and CSS3; Canvas and SVG, …
- New UI, with what we are calling site-centric browsing. This allows you to pin a website to the Windows 7 taskbar, add tags to generate jumplists and add script for icon overlay (for example to notify the user of new messages).
Make sure you read the IE Team blog post on the beta release with loads of good information on the new features of the browser.
After downloading and installing you can then head over to ‘Start Developing’ section of TheBeautyOfTheWeb.com site.
Some great resources:
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta Guide for Developers
- For an in-depth look at all the new IE9 Beta features I recommend you read the Internet Explorer 9 Reviewer’s Guide
- MSDN Developer Center for IE
- MSDN Reference: Pinned Sites: Windows 7 Desktop Integration with Internet Explorer 9