PhoneGap now fully supports Windows Phone 7 (cross posting)
My colleague David blogged about support for Windows Phone 7 in PhoneGap released last month.
Please find more information and resource below or head off to David’s blog.
Back in September, Microsoft joined Nitobi to announce a Beta of PhoneGap support for Windows Phone Mango, and at the same time committed to continue working with the PhoneGap Open Source project community to help bring full support.
- Facebook JS SDK
- Twitter/LinkedIn/Windows Live status retriever
- Bing Maps Launcher
- LiveTile Update
This release includes many new features, and you can find more details here
- The popular PhoneGap open source mobile framework support for Windows Phone 7.5 is complete and available for download: https://github.com/cordova/cordova-windows-phone
- Additional PhoneGap plugins that support social networks - Facebook, LinkedIn, Windows Live, Twitter and mapping (Bing Map launcher) - are now available for download here.
- Technical details from PhoneGap.com: PhoneGap for Windows Phone Dissected
- Get Started with PhoneGap on Windows Phone 7.5: http://PhoneGap.com/start#wp
- Video published on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqYKd5rxr8
- Video published on Channel 9 https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Interoperability
- Series of tips posts on Glen Gordon’s blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/glengordon/
- Jesse MacFayden’s blog (PhoneGap’s dev lead): http://risingj.com/
- WP7 Porting resources and API mapping: http://windowsphone.interopbridges.com/
- “Leveraging your iPhone development expertise to build Windows Phone applications” http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2011/04/29/leveraging-your-iphone-development-expertise-to-build-windows-phone-7-applications.aspx
- “Leveraging your Android development expertise to build Windows Phone applications” http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2011/06/09/leveraging-your-android-development-expertise-to-build-windows-phone-applications.aspx