Windows 8 Apps Expert Class on October 8 – Free Registration
Join us next week (October 8, 2012) at Microsoft Belgium for a free full day training for advanced Windows 8 coders.
You’ve finished your first app or are about to finish it and you’re ready for the next level? We have the perfect training you have been waiting for.
This ‘advanced only’ class will cover advanced topics such as login, services and error handling.
The following topics are covered during this session:
• Process lifecycle management: suspension manager, handling suspend, resume
• Making your app work offline
• Error handling, detecting offline mode, caching sets of data
• Advanced XAML controls tips & tricks (data binding, variable sized grids, etc)
• Accessing services – recommended approaches
• Architecture with MVVM
• Semantic zoom in detail
• Live tiles through background tasks & maintenance triggers
Your trainer: Kevin Dockx (RealDolmen)