SkyDrive has been updated!
In case you haven’t seen the new SkyDrive it has been rolled out. The new look is much better/cleaner than the old one. The improvements are outlined here in the OneNote Web App!
- New layout, look and feel, and site architecture
- SSL enabled on all authenticated pages
- Clean urls (removed most of the junk from the URLs)
- SkyDrive can now be pinned to your Windows 7 taskbar with jump lists (in IE9)
- Header now says SkyDrive
- What's new feed for docs and photos removed
- Upload file size limit now 100MB
- Moved to edge-to-edge layout to take advantage of larger screens
- Reduced size of header to give more room to your content
- Brand new photos experience
- HTML5 video playback
- Thumbnails generated for H.264 Video
- CSS3 Transitions for albums and 1-up view
- Photo album thumbnails now "pulse"
- Thumbnails generated for all photo sizes (previously limited to 5000px)
- Support for aspect ratio thumbnails (including panorama)
- Icons for PDF filetypes
- Recent documents includes more items
- Open in Office Client from SkyDrive now gives you the option to install Office 2010 trial using Click-to-Run technology
- Performance improvements to the Office Web Apps in IE9
- Details view now supports touch
- SkyDrive groups now appear in the left nav giving you one click access to Group content