What versions of SCOM can be upgraded to Operations Manager 1801?
If you would like to move your SCOM deployment on to the Semi-Annual Channel, what versions does Microsoft support moving from?
There are two methods to get to SCOM 1801:
- Migration (parallel install with coexistence)
- In Place Upgrade
Both are supported.
System Center Operations Manager 1801 supports an in-place upgrade from the following *minimum* versions:
- System Center 2012 R2 UR12 (or later)
- System Center 2016 RTM (or later)
For a side by side migration, with multi-homing, we recommend that environments be on the latest Update Rollup. So if you are doing a side by side (parallel) migration, at the time of this release, the most current update rollups are:
- System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2 UR14
- System Center Operations Manager 2016 UR4