Job Opportunity on the Windows Mobile Documentation Team!
Ready to build a content publishing business in the fastest-growing group at Microsoft? The Windows Mobile Communications Core Content Publishing Team is looking for an experienced Content Publishing Manager to drive our commercialization content publishing efforts. Windows Mobile Commercialization team takes the Windows Mobile platform from a generic to a customized OEM and operator solution. Commercialization content gives OEMs and operators the information they need to customize their devices quickly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities for the position include managing and developing a group of programming writers as well as developing and executing a strategic plan/roadmap for creating and publishing high-quality software development documentation.
Successful candidates must have, first and foremost, exceptional people management and team-building skills. This position will manage a team working on simultaneous projects, with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Competencies should include high-level achievement in the following competencies: confidence, analytical problem solving, interpersonal awareness, impact and influence, and cross-group collaboration. The position requires an understanding of the content needs for the developer audience, a good understanding of business needs as applied to content, a solid knowledge of content management systems and technologies, and a passion for quality, responding to customer feedback and trying new approaches.
Experience and Qualifications
- Five or more years of outstanding management and leadership experience in the software industry
- A minimum of five years managing multiple vendor or contingent resources to develop and deliver product content.
- Demonstrated success as a content manager or managing editor, with an emphasis on project management. Includes a proven record in defining scope and requirements for suites of product content; managing, scheduling, and prioritizing multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a matrixed organization and has successfully motivated virtual teams to achieve results; experience managing content with multiple contributors, including demonstrated experience running a multi-contributor content development project.
- A minimum of three years of experience creating and managing technical content for software products, including: technical web content (such as MSDN, TechNet, or WHDC); developer documentation (SDKs); and on-boarding or business-decision-maker content for complex hardware/software ecosystems.
- Two or more years of professional programming experience, with strong coding skills.
- Hands-on experience authoring content for developers or technology professionals
- Outstanding personal communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to engage readers and present complex ideas in language appropriate for a variety of audiences.
At least a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or related discipline (preferred)