How to Configure Social Listening in CRM Online
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (CRMOL) and Microsoft Social Listening (MSL) are Better Together – you can add MSL data into CRMOL Dashboards and record forms for convenient and proactive social insights
In this blog post I'll take you through the steps needed to setup the integration between the two services.
- In CRMOL you must have the security role of System Customizer or Systems Administrator
- MSL must be deployed in the same tenant as CRMOL (Important)
- MSL is setup with Search Topics (please see my blog post "Are you listening?" for how-to)
- Your CRM org is configured with Spring Wave Updates (Click Settings > Administration > Install Product Updates)
One time Setup
- Login to Dynamics CRM Online
- Click Settings > Administration
- Click Microsoft Social Listening Configuration
- Select the MSL Solution to connect to in the drop down (1) and then click Select (2)
- Now you are all set to use MSL widgets in CRMOL
Configuring a CRM Online Dashboard
You can easily configure a CRM Online dashboard to display information from MSL.
Create a new dashboard
Setting each MSL widget in the dashboard up is a three step guided process. First step is to decide between a Search topic (1) or a Search topic category (2) - for definitions please see notes at the end of the blog post
In this example I'll pick a Search Topic and click Next (in the above screen) to step ahead to step #2 - "pick a seach topic" (the below screen). I pick the search topic "CRM Online" in the list and click Next
Click Finish to finalize the widget, and repeat for the rest of the widgets in the dashboard.
The completed dashboard could end up looking like this
You see the sentiment distribution, the sentiment history, the sources history (Twitter, Facebook etc) and a nice summary. Any part of the dashboard is clickable and will take you to MSL for further analysis.
Configuring CRM Entity Forms
Its equally easy to configure a CRM Online form to display information coming from MSL. In this example I'll create a new entity and modify the form to display a social insights widget
Create an entity and edit the form. Once you are in the Insert tab, you will see the new Social Insights control.
Click Save and Publish
- Search Topic = the individual search term in MSL
- Search topic category: When you create a search topic in MSL you are placing that under a category and the entire category will be summarized
- A sentiment can only be specified for a search topic, so if you select search topic category no sentiment analysis will be displayed in CRM
More blog posts on Microsoft Social Listening