Another Fantastic Event for Get Engaged Partner...
Was up at the DP Solutions event this AM in Columbia. It was so well done, I wanted to cry!
Top line results
- 65 attendees (out of 80 registrants)
- 70% existing customers; 30% net new prospects
How the leveraged Microsoft
- They had a Microsoft presenter, leveraging the "Tee-up Presenter" system.
- Utilized Click to Attend to manage registrations
- The Microsoft RV (aka Mobile Event Experience) was there
- Drove net new customers using the Microsoft-provided list
- Attended the Mid-Atlantic bi-weekly marketing community call to get new ideas for event best practices
- Access to readiness materials on www.microsoftpartnerevents.com
- Used the Partner Event eval forms to obtain feedback
How they Maximized the Customer Experience
The topic was Vista/Office/Exchange, so they partnered with a training partner (CPLS) and had over 20 workstations where customers could sit down and immediately get hands-on experience using the new products.
Take a look at the agenda (below) and they had pre-scheduled slots so every customer could get time on the RV with a ticket. BRILLIANT!!
Total Microsoft Kool-Aid :-)
And, the raffle items....Windows Server 2003 (which I gave them when they blew their registration targets out of the water), Office 2003, and a spanking new Zune!
We (MS) still need to work on list quality
With proper planning and focused execution (these are Jill and Jay's words, not mine), they made this event a success.
It's what we've been saying all along...a minimum of 90 days, committed execution to drive, and leverage Microsoft.