Microsoft R Server for HDInsight Now Generally Available
This post is by Nagesh Pabbisetty, Partner Director of Program Management.
Since we released Microsoft R Server on HDInsight in preview in March 2016, customers have used it for predictive modeling, machine learning, and statistical analysis. With the general availability of R Server for HDInsight customers will be able to leverage the largest portable R-compatible parallel analytics and machine learning libraries in production environments with 99.9% SLA. The combination of R Server and HDInsight provides the following:
- Terabyte-scale machine learning that is 1,000x larger than in open source R
- Up to 50x faster performance using R Server for Apache Spark and optimized vector/math libraries
- Enterprise-grade security and support backed by a Microsoft SLA
- Run distributed parameter sweeps and simulations with existing R functions
- Support for Spark 2.0
- Support for Hive and Parquet data sources
- Support for Spark dataframes
- Easy setup for fast results
You can find more details here:
During the past year, we learned a lot from customers using Microsoft R to bring intelligence to where their data lives and we will continue the momentum by releasing the next version of Microsoft R Server and R Client on all platforms in December.