Register Now for the First Microsoft Data Science Summit
Posted by Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of the Data Group at Microsoft.
I am super excited about the very first Microsoft Data Science Summit, to be held in Atlanta on September 26-27, 2016, and invite all data scientists, big data engineers and machine learning practitioners among you to attend.
The Summit - which features breakouts and lab sessions delivered by leading experts - is your opportunity to learn about the latest advances in data science and applied ML, and how to use these techniques to solve real world problems, both on premises and in the cloud. Discover the next generation of cool, intelligent data-driven apps being built on our data platform by our customers and partners.
Here are a few highlights of the Summit:
- Leading Speakers: Hear it straight from deep domain experts from Microsoft and from our customers and partners.
- Instructor-Led Labs: Dive into a series of interactive labs where you will learn all about the latest Microsoft and Open Source tools and data platform technologies by actually using them.
- Breakout Sessions: Hear from our engineers and customers on how you can build intelligent data driven solutions using R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Cognitive Services and much more.
- Featured Keynote: It is my privilege to be keynoting at the Summit - come by to catch my talk on how we can help you unearth deep, actionable insights on your data, so you can deliver great ROI to your organization and your customers.
The list of topics we will cover at the summit is too large to list here, but here are some that I am personally excited about:
- How to use the Data Science Virtual Machine, which includes R and a whole host of other ML tools (like CNTK for deep learning, other open source algorithms like xgboost and Vowpal Wabbit).
- How to deploy Predictive Maintenance solutions with Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- How to use the Cognitive Services framework, which you can use to incorporate machine intelligence into R scripts.
- How to build with bot frameworks, deep learning, Internet of Things applications, and in-depth Data Science topics.
- Practical case studies focused on the application of Data Science in enterprises:
- How to get started with Machine Learning without having a PhD.
- How to handle Real-Time and Streaming Data.
- Industrial Data Science: Working in an IOT Environment.
- From 0 to Hadoop in 40 minutes.
- Big Data Science with Spark.
- How to establish an agile and powerful data science environment using the latest in open source tools.
You will also have an opportunity to network with other data scientists and software engineers, of course. Build lifelong connections that will help you advance further in the field, and perhaps even unearth that dream job opportunity.
Our latest agenda is here, we are posting regular updates to this site, so do stay tuned.
Click here to register for the Microsoft Data Science Summit.
Discounted day passes to Microsoft Ignite are also available to Summit registrants.
Join the conversation online at #MSDataScienceSummit. I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta.