The WS-AT protocol service supports integrated, transaction specific tracing that can be enabled and managed through the use of the WS-AtomicTransaction Configuration MMC Snap-in tool. Traces can include data indicating the time an enlistment is made for a specific transaction, the time a transaction reaches its terminal state, the outcome each transaction enlistment has received, etc. All traces can be viewed using the Service Trace Viewer Tool (SvcTraceViewer.exe) tool.
The WS-AT protocol service also supports integrated ServiceModel tracing through the ETW trace session. This provides more detailed, communication-specific traces in addition to the existing transaction traces. To enable these additional traces, follow these steps
- Open the Start/Run menu, type "regedit" in the input box and select OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following folder on the left pane, Hkey_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WSAT\3.0\
- Right click the ServiceModelDiagnosticTracing value in the right pane and select Modify.
- In the Value data input box, enter one of the following valid values to specify the trace level you want to enable.
- 0: off
- 1: critical
- 3: error. This is the default value
- 7: warning
- 15: information
- 31: verbose