Announcing Sync Framework 2.0 CTP2
We just released CTP2 of Microsoft Sync Framework V2. Check out the blog entry at https://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2009/06/04/announcing-sync-framework-2-0-ctp2.aspx for details on major new features.
We have so much to talk about Sync Services for ADO.NET in this release that I cannot fit all of these in one blog. For starters here are the big features we have crammed in to this CTP.
1. New Sql CE and Sql based peer sync provider - SqlCeSyncProvider and SqlSyncProvider.
2. New management API's to automatically provision Sql and Sql Server express to sync enable tables.
3. API's to backup and restore a Sync enabled database with no loss of Sync metadata.
4. Support for 0 code support for enabling batching in all databases providers (Sql and Sql CE providers) - This one majorly cool feature.
5. Snapshot initialization for bootstrapping a new Sql CE peer from an existing peer.
6. Support for shared server sync scopes on Sql server.
7. Improved sync performance on Sql CE.
Thats an summary of the major changes that we are making available in this CTP. Each of these features will require a separate blog post and I will do over the course of this weekend.