Getting help using the MAP Toolkit
When users run into problems with using MAP, they often aren’t aware of the many resources that are available to them to help solve their problem. In this article, I will discuss the many ways you can get answers to your questions and assistance if needed.
Self-help: The fastest way to get answers.
If you’ve never used MAP before or just want to brush up on your skills, we have a training kit available that also has a sample database, and if you haven’t installed MAP yet, you can get the Getting Started Guide and ReadMe from the Download Center.
- The MAP Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7826 includes a Training Kit with sample databases, Getting Started Guide with Quick Start and Troubleshooting sections, and more.
The MAP blog is a where we post how-to and advice articles and the TechNet Wiki has great documents that explain some of the inner working of MAP, and you can add your own article to the community! Just put a link to your MAP article on our Survival Guide page.
- The MAP blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mapblog/
- The MAP TechNet Wiki Survival Guide: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1640.microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-en-us.aspx
Most of the time, you aren’t the only one that has had a particular question or problem, so a quick search of the forums often does the trick. If you didn’t find your issue on the forum, you should ask it there which will help others that may have that question in the future.
- The MAP TechNet Forum at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/map
To contact us: If all else fails
· If you need advanced help and you are a Premier Support customer, you can contact Premier Support for assistance. When you open a case, choose “Server 2008R2” for the eligible product. Then set the “Routing Product” to “Assessment & Planning Sol Acc EN” so it will get routed to the right team.
- Finally, you can email us directly at email@example.com