Techdays – A Revolution In Supporting Your Career & Developing Your Skills.
Techdays 2008 - our premier event for Canada’s Developers & IT Professionals – will soon be here. Today I wrote this to be included in a newsletter we are sending out to the IT Professional audience. I thought I would share it here on my blog as well:
Techdays is a unique event in Canada and the most exciting opportunity for Developers and IT Professionals to advance grow their skills and advance their careers. I asked the team to put together this special events edition as I felt it was important to share with you the true value of TechDays.
Over the last year, you have told us that you are faced with so many solutions, products and experiences, but lack enough time to learn new skills and build a successful career in IT. This feedback prompted us to rethink how we run events for Canada’s Technology Professionals. We have created a connected set of programs and activities for FY09, the cornerstone being a “TechEd like experience”that we have named TechDays 2008. The starting point for TechDays centred around a focus on skills and career development and ended with a need to evolve the vehicles we use to deliver the content to you. The result is a richer learning experience and the tools necessary to continue your learning beyond the event.
Across 7 cities and with more than thirty 200+ level sessions there truly is something for everyone. You can choose from tracks and sessions including: Windows Development, Web Development, SQL Server 2008, Infrastructure or our first large scale deep dive into Microsoft’s Virtualization solution! The sessions will be delivered by speakers from Microsoft, our partners and industry experts.
So, how is TechDays is different from what you’ve seen in the past and why you should attend? Here are 5 great reasons to attend:
- This is definitely not your “typical” MSDN/TechNet tour. It is not a marketing event – it’s is a professional development event. We truly are focused in on helping you and ensuring you have a great experience at the event with content reigning supreme.
- The day is made up of new and exciting technical content which will be delivered by an array of great speakers from across the country. You won’t be able to get this kind of content anywhere else.
- You get a lot of great free stuff – over $1000 worth! The Techdays Learning Kit includes: A 6 month subscription to TechNet Plus (including incident support calls), Microsoft® Visual Studio 2008 Professional - Full Version, Microsoft® Expression Web 2 - Full Version, TechEd 2008 DVD Set, 30% off Certification voucher - applicable to all Microsoft Certification Exams, Microsoft® Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - Evaluation Software, Microsoft® Expression Studio 2 - Evaluation Software, Office Communications Server 2007 - Evaluation Software, A $100 Discount Coupon for DevTeach/SQL Teach Training
- Techdays allows you to connect with your peers, speakers, community, competitors and Microsoft.
- This is just the beginning. After Techdays you will be invited to participate in an ongoing set of programs to help you grow as a Technology Professional.
Finally, I want to ensure that you are aware of our early bird pricing ends October 15th. Early bird prices equate to 50% off the standard ticket prices.
My team is committed to your success and everyone single one of us would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I look forward to seeing you at TechDays 2008!
Mark Relph - Vice-President, Developer & Platform - Microsoft Canada Co.