TechNet Radio: (Part 9) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Scaling Cloud Applications
In part 9 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou are back and this episode they discuss in depth the ability for DevOps organizations to scale up or scale down cloud applications. Tune in as they discuss Azure’s unique flexibility in terms of capacity planning for cloud applications.
- [1:07] How is planning for application capacity different when using a cloud platform?
- [4:50] How is scaling application capacity different or better when using the cloud?
- [5:52] Are there application scenarios that are particularly well-suited for scaling in the cloud?
- [14:01] Is there a way to trigger scaling operations automatically for applications in the cloud?
- [15:20] DEMO: Could you show us the basics of how this all works in Azure?
- o Scaling Up Cloud Applications
- o How to Scale Out Cloud applications on a schedule
- o Auto-Scaling Cloud Applications
Interested in learning more about the Cloud & DevOps?
Be sure to check out these additional resources:
- GET CERTIFIED! Join EARLY EXPERTS. We'll help you get certified on Hyper-V, Cloud and MORE!
- READ IT! Accelerating DevOps with the Cloud using Microsoft Azure & Friends
- WATCH IT! MVA Jump Start: DevOps for IT Pros
- DO IT! Step-by-Step: 20+ Key Cloud Scenarios for IT Pros
- Are you a STARTUP? Join BizSpark for FREE access to Azure cloud services