Userenvlog for Windows Vista/2008/Win7
If you like the userenvlog from Windows XP, you may want to know how to get more information from the GPSVR service in Windows 2008/Visa/Win 7. If so then try this:
How to enable logging in the Gpsvc.log file To enable logging in the Gpsvc.log file, follow these steps. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Make sure that you have the folder %windir%\debug\usermode, if the usermode folder is not there, then manually create it.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Diagnostics, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click the Diagnostics subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type GPSvcDebugLevel, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click GPSvcDebugLevel, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 30002 (as hex), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: gpupdate /force
- . View the Gpsvc.log file in the following folder: %windir%\debug\usermode
These details can be found at the bottom of https://support.microsoft.com/kb/944043.