Current Cumulative Updates for Office - Q3 2012
Almost a year ago, I posted Keeping Up with Office Updates which discusses the cumulative updates for Office (and Outlook in particular) that companies need to be aware of and push out to their users. For my direct customers, every quarter I send an email letting them know what the latest updates currently are. However, I realiezd that others might benefit from having this information as well (and not having to go and piece it together themselves). So, going forward every quarter I will post that information here as well.
The information below is being provided regarding the most currently available updates available for the supported Windows and Macintosh versions of Office as of July 6, 2012.
Office for Windows
- Current Service Pack level: Office 2010 SP1
- Note: Office 2010 RTM (SP0) support ends July 10, 2012
- Latest cumulative Update: June 2012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2712235)
- Outlook specific: June 2012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598374)
- Current Service Pack level: Office 2007 SP3 (released October 2011)
- Note: Office 2007 is now in Extended Support as of April 10, 2012 .
- Latest cumulative Update: June 2012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2712234)
- Outlook specific: June 2012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687262)
- Current Service Pack Level: Office 2003 SP3
- Latest cumulative Update: June 2010 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2270183)
- No new cumulative updates will be released as Office 2003 is out of mainstream and extended support.
Note: Each of the KB articles includes the list/links for all the Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc). Most of you focus on Outlook and that’s the only ones required and is also provided separately but I wanted to provide the larger “Office” list in case you want it.
As a reminder, Microsoft Update does *NOT* make the cumulative updates available to users. These have to be downloaded and either installed independently or deployed using tools such as WSUS, SCCM, etc.
Office for Macintosh
- Current Service Pack Level: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 SP2 (released April 2012)
- Note: Office for Mac 2011 SP1 support ends July 9, 2013
- Office for Mac 2011 moves to Extended Support on January 12, 2016
- Latest cumulative Update: May 2012 - 14.2.2 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665351)
- Current Service Pack Level: Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac SP2 (released October 2009)
- Office 2008 for Mac moves to Extended Support on April 9, 2013
- Latest cumulative Update: May 2012 - 12.3.3 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665346)
Note: Each of the KB articles includes the link for downloading the package which updates ALL Office Products…there are not separate updates for each of the various components of Office as there is with the Windows releases.