How to Re-apply a Language Pack when deploying the Outlook Integration Update for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
The language module file helps you to save the existing text messages and captions, and propagate them to the Outlook Integration Update objects.
How to apply the language module file to the C/AL objects provided with the Outlook Integration Update:
- Before you import the objects you received with the Outlook Synchronization Update package, open your localized version of the database.
- Select the objects which are going to be replaced by the Outlook Synchronization Update objects (18 objects should be selected).
- Go to Tools –> Language Module –> Export.
- Specify a valid path and name for the language module file which will be created based on your current objects.
- Select the language which corresponds to your country and click OK.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV has now created an *.flm file at the specified location. You can open it with any text editor (for example Notepad) and verify that it contains text messages and captions collected from your localized objects.
- Import and compile the C/AL objects included in the Outlook Synchronization Update package.
- Select all the objects you have just imported (you can apply a filter to the Version List field and use value “NAVW15.00.PS29299” for the filtering.)
- Go to Tools –> Language Module –> Import.
- Navigate to the *.flm file created on step 6 and click OPEN to import it. Click OK to confirm your choice.
- Verify that the objects contain captions and text constants in your language.
“These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights. You assume all risk for your use.”