IT Virtualization Camp - Feb, 13, 2014 - Albany, NY
Microsoft Albany Office
54 State St, Suite 701
Albany, NY 12207
|Register for event|
|Starts: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:00 AMEnds: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:00 PM Time zone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)Welcome Time: 8:30 AM|
|Get driving directions|
|Product(s):||Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012, Windows Azure and Windows Server 2012.|
|Audience(s):||IT Decision Maker, IT Implem_IT Generalist and IT Manager.|
Gain twice the virtualization skillset. Cover more ground.
Want to gain an edge in your technical career? Industry insiders suggest that over 70% of businesses now run at least two virtualization platforms in their IT environment. That’s why IT pros who understand multiple platforms are invaluable to their companies and clients.
Here’s your chance to upgrade your Microsoft Virtualization skills for FREE! We’re hosting an interactive, one-day technical workshop specifically for VMware IT professionals. Seasoned experts will demonstrate key scenarios and technologies from Microsoft and VMware. You’ll also complete hands-on labs and leave ready to build your own test and evaluation environment.
- The basics (and beyond) in Microsoft virtualization technology
- How your current VMware skills apply to a Microsoft environment
- The differences between key Microsoft and VMware technologies
- How to use Microsoft tools to help manage a VMware environment
- The latest on the new Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, and System Center 2012 R2 releases
At a high level, as part of this course, you’ll learn about the following topics:
- Hyper-V Configuration, Clustering & Resiliency
- Virtual Machine Mobility, Backup & Replication
- Managing Hyper-V with Virtual Machine Manager
- A look at System Center 2012 R2
- VMware: Management, Integration, and Migration
Session Requirements:In order to participate in the labs, please bring a modern laptop that can run the following technical prerequisites. Click HERE for more detailed system specs.
· Supported Operating Systems include all editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
· Browsers supported include Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later. Other browsers are supported conditionally.
· Microsoft .NET 3.5 will be required to complete the labs.
Modernize your datacenterDownload a free, full-featured version of Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 today. And be sure to try the new Windows Server 2012 R2 trial, System Center 2012 R2 trial and Windows Azure trial.