New book: Virtualizing Desktops & Apps with Windows Server 2012 R2 Inside Out
Conquer Windows Server 2012 R2 virtualization—from the inside out!
Dive into Windows Server 2012 R2 virtualization—and really put your systems expertise to work. Focusing on both virtual desktop infrastructure and virtualized applications, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle Windows virtualization— and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Use virtualization to prevent business disruption, help improve security, simplify upgrades, and support mobile users
• Plan and deploy User State Virtualization for a consistent experience across locations and devices
• Define users, applications, and scenarios for any virtualization project
• Compare and deploy both session-based and virtual machine–based (VM-based) desktops
• Configure Client Hyper-V and work with VMs in a Client Hyper-V environment
• Install, design, configure, and administer Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) infrastructure and clients
• Sequence applications for efficient and reliable deployment
• Help secure remote access to virtual desktops with Remote Desktop Gateway (RD Gateway)
• Plan and implement pooled and personal desktops
• Monitor virtualized apps and desktops for health and performance
About the authors
Byron Wright, MVP (Microsoft Exchange Server), is a consultant specializing in Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Microsoft Office 365 solutions. He teaches Management Information Systems (MIS) and networking at the University of Manitoba’s Asper School of Business and has coauthored Microsoft official curricula and the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Resource Kit.
Brian Svidergol, MCSE, specializes in infrastructure and cloud solutions built with Windows Server, Active Directory Domain Services, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft System Center, virtualization, and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP). He was the MCT Ambassador at TechEd North America 2013 and authored Exam Ref 70-695 Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps.